Chicken Meatball Skewers with Mint Chimichurri are a complete, flavor-packed meal on a stick.
Our kitchen, normally a communal hangout bustling with energy, is eerily quiet this time of year. My superman (our family’s resident chef) instead spends most evenings preparing our meals outside with his trusted old pal, the grill. It seems there is no end to his creativity when it comes to serving up new, incredibly great-tasting grilled entrées, and these Chicken Meatball Skewers, made with a delicious mint chimichurri, are one of my recent favorites.
Keith loves doing most things outdoors in the summertime, and cooking is no exception. My man really knows his way around a grill, and I love to come home to find him preparing a small feast, with a cold beer in his hand and a towel draped over his shoulder. I think it is happy place. It quickly becomes my happy place too, as I sit down, grab a beer, and sample his most recent creation.
I love these chicken meatball skewers because they make for a healthy and complete meal, packed full of flavor and loaded with vegetables. Furthermore, they don’t just look pretty on the plate; they taste incredible. The chimichurri, made with fresh mint, is the star of this show, dramatically enhancing the flavor of the chicken meatballs and fresh veggies. I am happy when Keith is happy, and Keith is definitely most content grilling in the sunshine with a few cold ones. Our kitchen can stay quiet for a while.
Want more grilling inspiration? Try our Grilled Chicken with Lemon and Harissa Dijon Marinade and our Spicy Blue Brie Stuffed Burger
- 8 oz ground chicken
- ½ C bread crumbs
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- ¼ C finely diced onions
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 small zucchini
- ½ C chopped parsley
- 10-12 mint leaves
- ½ C olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- Mix together chicken, bread crumbs, mayo, onions and chopped garlic and roll into 1 inch meatballs.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake meatballs for 20 minutes
- Place on plate and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes
- To make the chimichurri sauce:
- Place parsley, mint and garlic clove in food processor and mix until finely chopped.
- Slowly drizzle in olive oil until well combined.
- Set aside.
- To assemble kabobs, alternate meatballs, cherry tomatoes, 1 inch squares of peppers and zucchini till skewers are filled.
- Place kabobs on grill and turn often until all vegetables are cooked to desired doneness. Brush chimicurri sauce on kabobs and allow to sit for 5 minutes.