We were asked to bring a “grab and go” snack to a softball tournament, and we were sick of the standard snack fare. Tortilla chips, popcorn, and Doritos just weren’t going to cut it here. Keith’s kid-friendly cool ranch crackers were the perfect creative solution to our problem. Now no one mentioned the word “healthy” here, but they these babies are a tried and true crowd pleaser. Even adults can’t stop eating them. We loved using Premium Saltine Minis for this recipe, as the bite-sized cracker is ideal for snacking.
Keith mixed all of the ingredients together, coated the crackers and laid them on a baking sheet to allow all of the flavor to soak in. Then he put them in zip lock bags so they were easy to carry around (and dig into). Don’t be afraid of the red pepper flakes: they add just enough “kick” without making the crackers too spicy. Grab ’em and go!!
- 2 11 oz. Boxes mini saltine crackers
- 1 package dry ranch dressing mix (not dip!)
- 1 TBSP garlic powder
- 1 TBSP red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 C vegetable oil
- In small mixing inch bowl, mix all dry ingredients together
- Add oil to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour crackers into large mixing bowl and add oil/herb mixture
- Toss gently until all crackers are covered thoroughly
- Spread crackers out on a baking sheet and let stand for about 20 minutes to allow oil and seasoning to absorb.
- Transfer crackers to an airtight container to store.