Keith and I are snackers. We love a bowl of mixed nuts just about as much as we love a good cheese plate: a lot. And just like cheese, I have yet to find a nut that I don’t like. I was perfectly satisfied snacking on raw almonds, cashews or pistachios until Keith came up with the recipe for these Spiced Party Nuts. Now I am forever changed…and completely addicted.
Spiced Party Nuts were inspired by bar nuts that seemingly disappear off of our table at our favorite cocktail haunts. They are not overly sweet and have just the right amount of “kick” to keep you coming back for more. Keith has been carefully cultivating this recipe; he has tweaked the balance of sweet, savory, and spicy until finally arriving at what we think is the winning combination.As the holiday party season approaches, we cannot think of a better snack to accompany your favorite winter cocktail. These Spiced Party Nuts are quite easy to make, and they will have people talking. We recommend a blend of almonds, cashews, pecans, and pistachios, but any old nut will do. Just make a lot. They are known to disappear quickly.
an addicting snack that is perfect for holiday parties
- 3 cups of mixed nuts (unsalted)
- 3 Tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp butter, melted
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Line baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking oil.
- Spread nuts evenly on baking sheet and place in oven for 10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl combine remaining spices and sugar and butter and mix until combined.
- When nuts have finished toasting in oven carefully remove and transfer to spice mixture and toss for 2 to 3 minutes making sure you are continually tossing until nuts have cooled to the touch.
- Transfer back to baking sheet and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Transfer to air tight container and enjoy.