Sweet & Smoky Caramel Corn is a delicious movie night snack that will bring the family together.
It’s only a matter of days. In no time at all, we will be off work, out of school, and delighting in the holidays with our family. For us, that means a lot of cooking and entertaining. It also means movies. Whether it’s catching up on Oscar favorites at the cinema or cuddling up on the couch for the latest blockbuster, Keith and I enjoy a good flick. As no movie is complete without popcorn, we partnered with our friends at Pop Secret to create a family-friendly movie night snack that is sure to delight this holiday.Keith created a Sweet & Smoky Carmel Corn mix that made movie time just a bit more fun. We picked up some Pop Secret Homestyle Popcorn at Walmart, and he coated the popcorn in a sinfully sweet caramel. He then added some cashews and just a hint of smoky chipotle powder for a sensational kick of flavor. He made half the batch with a drizzle of dark chocolate (no chipotle) for our loved ones who are a bit more sensitive.We like to mix the flavors together for a deliciously complex snack. Movie nights this holiday just got even better. With a terrific new movie night snack, some blankets, and most importantly, the ones we love we can officially relax and enjoy our time together.This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Pop Secret. All my opinions are our own. #pmedia #Pop4AssassinsCreed http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
Join us! Check out Assassin's Creed, in theaters December 21st.
Buy 2 Pop-Secret 10 ct or 10+2 ct bonus packs at Walmart between 12/7/16 - 1/8/17 and get an $8 credit toward a ticket to the Assassin’s Creed movie while supplies last.
A sweet and smoky snack that is perfect for family movie night.
- 2 bags Pop Secret Homestyle microwave popcorn
- 1 cup cashews
- 4 oz dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 4 ounces salted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon chipotle powder
- Pop two bags of popcorn and place in large container (that is large enough to be able to stir hot caramel in without running over). Add cashews.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt butter. Add sugar, maple syrup and corn syrup and stir frequently over medium heat until mixture reaches 300 degrees.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla. Then pour mixture over popcorn and mix with spatula until well coated.
- Transfer to a sheet pan and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle chipotle powder over half of popcorn.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler and drizzle over the other half of the popcorn.
- Allow popcorn to sit at room temperature until chocolate sets (about 15 minutes)
- Break up popcorn into smaller pieces and store in an air tight container.