Asparagus Egg Cups are an elegant vegetarian brunch dish that comes together in minutes.
Now, on this given Sunday, Jackie had the proverbial “bee in her bonnet”. She was craving an egg cup, one she had seen in photos on Pinterest. One thing I know for sure is that I like to fulfill Jackie’s culinary desires, especially when she gets an idea in her head. She was thinking eggs, cheese, and puffed pastry. I had something even better in mind that I knew would be not only delicious, but more in keeping with our identity at Superman Cooks.We have been crushing on asparagus all season long, and we had some left over from a pasta dish we had just created. I knew that this vegetable could be a star ingredient for the egg cups Jackie had been craving. I simply combined it with some of my favorite ingredients: Fontina cheese, rosemary, farm fresh eggs. This, in my opinion was the perfect bite.
The best part about these Asparagus Egg Cups is that they come together in minutes, but they have an elegant look that makes them an ideal choice for a brunch gathering, served with a bowl of fresh fruit. This is a dish that we will definitely be making on many weekend mornings going forward.
Check out some of our other favorite brunch dishes: Five Cheese Soufflé, Triple Chocolate Banana Pancakes, Crab Cake Benedict Print
An elegant breakfast dish that comes together in minutes.
- 4 puff pastry squares (4" x 4")
- 4 eggs
- 1 C cooked asparagus, chopped
- ½ C Fontina cheese (shredded)
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp garlic (chopped)
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Spray cooking spray into four 4" ramekins
- Place each puff pastry square into the ramekin and press down into cup.
- In a bowl, mix shredded cheese, garlic, rosemary and salt and pepper together.
- Divide and place in cup.
- Crack 1 egg in each cup, sprinkle with cooked asparagus, and bake for 8-10 minutes (or until desired doneness).