A healthy and tasty alternative to the standard veggie burger and it has a fall taste.
- 1 C shredded sweet potato
- 1 egg
- 1 C canned navy beans drained
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 C bread crumbs
- 1/4 chopped cilantro
- 1/4 C chopped chipotle pepper
- 1/4 C chopped pecan
- 4 English muffins
- In a large mixing bowl combine shredded sweet potatoes, egg, spices and cilantro
- In a separate bowl smash 1/2 C of the beans using a fork.
- Add both smashed beans and while beans to mix and combine
- Add diced chipolte pepper and pecans and bread crumbs and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Form into 4 separate patties and grill in sauté pan for 5 minutes on each side over medium heat.
- Serve on toasted English muffin.