An indulgent, tasty milkshake that is worth the calories
- 2 bananas
- 3/4 C brown sugar
- 4 TBSP butter
- 1 ounce crème de banana (optional)
- 1 ounce dark rum (optional)
- 1/2-1 C milk
- 3 C vanilla bean ice cream
- Whipped cream
- In a sauce pan, melt butter and add brown sugar, cooking over medium heat stirring often until sugar is dissolved. About 10 minutes
- Add sliced bananas and cook for another 3 minutes.
- **If adding alcohol, add crème de banana and dark rum.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool in refrigerator for 15 minutes
- In a blender, add ice cream and 1 cup of banana mixture and blend. Add milk as needed to desired consistency.
- If adding alcohol, you may use less milk.
- Pour into a tall glass and top with whipped cream.
- Garnish with brown sugar and serve.