A fresh and healthy salad using ingredients available year round. It shows well with a fresh fish or seafood dish.
- 6 oz fresh arugula
- 3 blood oranges (grapefruit will work also)
- 1/4 C cider vinegar
- 1/4 C extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 C diced Bosc pear
- 1/4 C diced d'anjou pear
- 1/4 C diced Bartlett pear
- ( dice them in 1/8" in pieces and use skin to help with color)
- 1/2 C chopped pecans
- 1 pinch of garlic powder
- 1 pinch of onion powder
- Squeeze juice from 2 oranges to get 1/2 C juice into a medium mixing bowl.
- Add vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder salt and pepper and mix together.
- Slowly drizzle olive oil into mixture while whisking quickly.
- Set aside in refrigerator.
- With third orange, cut skin off and cut into sections. Place in large bowl along with diced pears.
- Add arugula and toss to mix together. Slowly drizzle dressing over salad
- Transfer to serving plate(s) and sprinkle diced pecans on top.
- Garnish with blood Orange wedges and serve.