An adult version of a classic soda from the days of Doo-Wop
- For the ice cream:
- 1 1/2 C whole milk
- 1 1/8 C granulated sugar
- 3 C heavy cream
- 1 1/2 T pure vanilla extract
- 1 standard-sized chocolate bar, chopped.
- Additional ingredients:
- 2 oz Rum Chata
- 6-8 oz Wild Cherry Soda
- In a medium bowl, combine milk and sugar. Mix, using a hand mixer on low until sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the heavy cream and the vanilla.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and mix until a soft serve consistency (about 20 minutes).
- Transfer ice cream to air tight container covered with plastic wrap and freeze for 2 hours.
- To assemble float.
- Using a tall glass place a scoop of ice cream and top off with 2 ounces Rum Chata and fill remaining space with wild cherry soda.
- Place second scoop of ice cream on edge of glass.