We all know that baking a cheesecake from scratch makes for an amazing finished project. Thankfully, Jackie is the baker in our family. She makes some wonderful desserts, but with all the hustle and bustle of life, she doesn't always have the time to create a masterpiece. The kids love cheesecake, and the Sara Lee Classic Cheesecake makes for a quick after school snack topped with a few fresh berries. We try to keep one or two in the freezer at all times. You never know when you might need it.Jackie and I had been invited to a party and we were selected to bring dessert. Life gets in the way, and the date snuck up on us. We came home from work and realized that we didn't have time to make something, and it is just not our style to stop and buy a dessert. So I suggested we use the Sara Lee Classic Cheesecake from Food Lion that we had in the fridge thawed and ready to go. Jackie suggested we add our own personal touch to make it at least appear as if we made it from scratch, and we quickly foraged through the pantry to come up with some ideas. The butter pecan ice cream caught our eye, and we thought a butter pecan topping was the way to go. I suggested she go get ready and I would brainstorm a way to make it. After a few minutes I ran the idea by her for Butter Pecan Cheesecake and she loved it.Once we decided on our Butter Pecan Cheesecake, we opted present it in "two bite" portions, perfect for a cocktail party. We arrived at the party with this desert, and we had to stop people from eating it before dinner was served. It looked so good and everyone asked us where we bought it. We waited until after desert until we knew if everyone liked it before revealing the secret that it was a Sara Lee Classic Cheesecake that we topped and made "superman style". Everyone loved it and asked for the recipe. We told them that they would have to wait until the post was up on our blog.
This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Sara Lee Desserts, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #SaraLeeDesserts http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
A great and simple dessert to make a Sara Lee Classic Cheesecake even better
- 1 Sara Lee Classic Cheesecake
- 1 ¼ cup pecan halves (divided)
- 4 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 4 Tbsp Butter (softened)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 4 ounces dark chocolate
- Remove frozen cheesecake from pan and cut into four slices, then cut each slice into four triangles.
- Arrange on cookie sheet and place back in freezer.
- In a food processor, chop 1 cup pecans until very fine. Place in mixing bowl.
- Add cream cheese, butter, maple syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix until well blended.
- Remove cheesecake pieces from freezer and spread ¼ inch thick layer of topping to each piece
- Arrange on a serving plate and top with remaining ¼ C pecans chopped.
- Melt chocolate in microwave for 30 seconds and drizzle on each piece of cheesecake.
- Allow to sit at room temperature for at least 15 minutes before serving or at least 2 hours in refrigeration.