A caramel square makes these chocolate crinkle cookies a step above the rest (and they couldn't be easier)! Whip up a batch for the holidays!
- 1 C cocoa powder
- 1 C sugar
- 1/2 C vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 C butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 C flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- caramel squares
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cocoa, sugar, oil & butter and mix using hand mixer.
- add eggs (one at a time) and mix
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Combine flour mixture (1/4 at a time) with cocoa mixture. Stir until combined.
- Cover and chill for 4 hours in refrigerator.
- Roll into 1" balls, then roll in powdered sugar.
- Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place 1/2 caramel square in each cookie, pressing down into center.
- Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes.
For best results, chill dough in the refrigerator for 4 hours before baking.
Keywords: chocolate, crinkle, cookie, holiday, Christmas, caramel, easy, cocoa