A simple, light, and refreshing meal to make you look like an Asian Chef
- 6 6 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 C Thai sweet chili sauce ( We use Durkees )
- 1/4 C vegetable oil
- 1 TBSP soy sauce
- 1/2 C sweet and sour sauce ( duck sauce )
- 1/2 green or red bell pepper
- 2 green onions
- 1/4 C flour
- 1 large head of leaf lettuce
- 1/2 C cashew pieces
- 2 TBSP vegetable oil for sauté
- 3 C cooked rice ( recipe under side dishes ) just omit cilantro
- Place chicken breasts in between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound them so that they are uniform in thickness.
- Place flour on a plate and lightly coat chicken on both sides with flour.
- In large sauté pan, place 2 TBSP oil and heat on medium high.
- Once oil is hot, lay the chicken breast coated in flour into the sauté pan and cook for approximately 4-5 min on one side.
- Turn over and continue cooking chicken until done, approximately 4-5 minutes
- Remove chicken from pan. Cut up into 1/2 inch pieces and return to sauté pan.
- Add sweet chili sauce, vegetable oil, peppers, onions,soy sauce, and sweet and sour sauce and heat over medium heat until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally about 8 minutes.
- Turn heat off and add onions and cashews and mix into chicken mixture.
- To serve, place about 1/4 C chicken mixture and small amount of rice in lettuce leaf, fold up and eat as you would a soft taco.
- Great with fresh steamed broccoli