- 2 1/2 C All Purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 10 oz Bonne Maman Cherry Preserves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 C sugar
- 6 Tbsp butter, cold
- 1 C dried cherries, chopped
- 1/3 C sliced almonds
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 egg
- 1/3 C milk plus 1/4 C milk for brushing scones.
- Preheat oven to 450°
- In a mixing bowl, combine 2 C flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Cut butter into small pieces and add to mixture. Using hands combine together to create a coarse and mealy product.
- Add almond extract, egg and 1/3 C milk and mix until it forms a slightly sticky dough.
- Mix in dried cherries and 1/4 C of the sliced almonds.
- Using the remaining flour, transfer dough to floured surface, then knead a few times to coat with flour.
- Using rolling pin, rough roll out dough to 1/2″ thickness and spread cherry preserves over dough.
- Fold dough over in thirds to cover preserves.
- Re-roll dough out to 1/2″ in thickness and a rectangular shape.
- Cut dough using dough cutter (or pizza cutter) into triangular shapes.
- Transfer to baking pan lined with parchment paper and brush with remaining milk.
- Top with remaining sliced almonds and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes (until golden brown).
- Remove and transfer to cooling rack.
- Serve warm.