A twist on an American grilled classic that is healthy and full of flavor
- 8 oz ground chicken
- 1/2 C bread crumbs
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1/4 C finely diced onions
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 small zucchini
- 1/2 C chopped parsley
- 10-12 mint leaves
- 1/2 C olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- Mix together chicken, bread crumbs, mayo, onions and chopped garlic and roll into 1 inch meatballs.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake meatballs for 20 minutes
- Place on plate and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes
- To make the chimichurri sauce:
- Place parsley, mint and garlic clove in food processor and mix until finely chopped.
- Slowly drizzle in olive oil until well combined.
- Set aside.
- To assemble kabobs, alternate meatballs, cherry tomatoes, 1 inch squares of peppers and zucchini till skewers are filled.
- Place kabobs on grill and turn often until all vegetables are cooked to desired doneness. Brush chimicurri sauce on kabobs and allow to sit for 5 minutes.