- 1 Cup coarse-ground corn meal
- 1 Cup All Purpose flour
- 1/3 C sugar plus 1 Tablesppon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup vegetable oil
- 1 C whole milk
- 4 chipotle peppers rinsed, and diced
- 1 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 C chopped chives
- for the honey butter:
- 6 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1/4 C honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and use parchment paper or cupcake holders to line muffin pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine corn meal, flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, vegetable oil and milk and mix until combined.
- Add wet ingredients into dry and mix with rubber spatula until all dry is wet.
- Mix in diced chipotle peppers, 1/2 C cheddar cheese and chives and divide into muffin cups 3/4 of the way full.
- Top muffins with remaining cheddar cheese and bake for 16-20 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- FOR HONEY BUTTER:
- place butter and honey in a small bowl and mix with hand mixer until combined.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: side dish
- Cuisine: Southern All-American