Chocolate Peanut Butter Lava Cake is a perfect little dessert for that special someone.
I am going to address this story to all the guys out there (ladies, you can read along as well). When I look at this amazing photo that Jackie took of this Chocolate Peanut Butter Lava Cake, all I can think about is romance. Maybe it’s the beautiful fresh berries, maybe it’s the chocolate, or who knows, maybe it’s simply the fact that I know Jackie is who I had in mind when I made it.
With Valentine’s Day fast approaching, you can elect to take your someone special out to a beautiful restaurant and have an amazing dinner and you may even opt for that expensive bottle of wine. Any girl would be excited about that. However, if you truly want to impress her, then I strongly suggest you have this dessert waiting at home for her when you return.
Jackie and I do dine out at our favorite restaurants quite often, but for Valentine’s Day, we feel it’s more romantic to dine at home, relaxing with a glass of wine and a homemade dessert. Now if you guys are reading this and feel like this is an intimidating recipe, you are sadly mistaken. This recipe is made with minimal ingredients, and the steps to create it are very easy. Now I can’t speak for all girls out there but I would say it’s a safe bet that if you surprise the special someone with this Chocolate Peanut Butter Lava Cake, you will be a winner in her heart and score brownie points... or (better yet) lava points.
Moist chocolate cake with a gooey peanut butter center. Is there anything better? This easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Lava cake is love on a plate.
- 4 oz white chocolate
- 2 oz peanut butter
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 oz 70% dark chocolate
- ¼ C dark chocolate chips
- 4 oz butter
- 1 C powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 6 Tbsp flour
- 2 Tbsp salted peanuts
- ½ C fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Melt the white chocolate and whisk in the peanut butter. Add a pinch of salt. Wish until smooth.
- Grease 4, 4 oz ceramic custard cups and place on an oven safe baking sheet.
- Over a double boiler, melt dark chocolate, chocolate chips and butter, whisking until chocolate is melted.
- Stir in powdered sugar. Add eggs and egg yolks and mix well. Mix in flour until dissolved.
- Scoop chocolate mixture half way into custard cups and top with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter mixture.
- Scoop more chocolate mixture over peanut butter until covered completely..
- Bake for 9-10 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 1 minute and remove from custard cup. Place on serving plate and top with chopped peanuts and fresh berries.
Keywords: chocolate, souffle, pudding, peanut butter, raspberry, dessert, brownie, cake