An amazing breakfast treat that fills the house with an incredible scent bringing everyone to the kitchen
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 c milk
- 3 C AP flour
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1 packet rapid rise dry yeast
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- For the filling:
- 3/4 C granulated sugar
- 2 TBSP Cinnamon
- 8 tbsp butter
- For the topping:
- 6 Clementines
- 1/4 C sugar
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- 1 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp milk
- In a small pot bring milk to almost boiling and remove from heat and add butter and allow to melt.
- Combine the flour, salt, sugar and yeast in a stand mixer with dough attachment.
- Slowly add the milk mixture and eggs until combined.
- Knead on low for 6-8 minutes until ball is formed.
- Remove from mixer and pace in a large bowl that is sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cover loosely with plastic and set aside for the dough to rise about 1 1/2 hours.
- Butter a 9" x13" baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon for the filling
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll out to measure 13x20 rectangle.
- Melt 8 tbsp butter ( from filling) and spread with pastry brush over surface of dough.
- Sprinkle Cinnamon and sugar mixture over butter covering entire surface.
- Starting at the small end roll dough to form pinwheel.
- Once done cut log with serrated knife into 12 equal pieces and place in buttered pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow to sit at room temperature for 1-2 hours until rolls have risen and are touching each other.
- Zest three clementines and set zest aside.
- Peel all clementines and dice sections into small pieces and place in small saute pan with 1/4 C sugar and cook over medium heat smashing clementines with fork until they are broken down and mixture has thickened to resemble jam.
- Set aside and allow to cool.
- Top cinnamon rolls with clementine mixture evenly.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and Bake rolls for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- While rolls are baking prepare the icing by combining cream cheese, clementine zest and powdered sugar and mix with hand mixer until airy and light.
- Spread icing on top of rolls when you remove them from the oven.