Coconut Turmeric Rice Stuffed Tilapia is a nutritious, gourmet meal that is ready in 30 minutes.
Thank you Village Harvest for sponsoring this post. Every day Village Harvest is planting seeds of change and growing possibilities, one bag of goodness at a time. Click on the image below to shop!
Let’s face it. Serving a nutritious and delicious meal night after night is no easy task. Cooking for a family requires planning, time, and lots of experimentation. This is one of the core reasons we created superman cooks. Our goal is to make home cooks look like experienced chefs, and we don’t believe in fussy recipes with too many ingredients. Even an experienced chef like Keith relies on time-tested short cuts in a pinch, and Village Harvest is one of them. Village Harvest Origins offers smart and simple meal solutions that can be brought to life in 90 seconds; it’s convenience without compromise.
I am always asking Keith to come up with inspired seafood recipes, and the perfect opportunity presented itself when Village Harvest asked us to create a recipe to accompany their Coconut Turmeric rice. Keith created a Coconut Turmeric Rice Stuffed Tilapia, a deliciously simply and healthy meal with subtle hints of Thai flavors. Featuring organic Coconut Turmeric Brown Jasmine Rice and seasoned with shallots, chives and coconut, this dish is one exceptional way to nourish the ones you love.
The Origins Collection from Village Harvest features authentic recipes from India and Thailand, uncovered in the kitchens of home cooks and perfected on your dinner table. In addition to the Coconut Turmeric Rice (Thailand), Village Harvest offers the following varieties: Basmati & Lentil (India), Lemon Rice (India), Tikka Masala (India), and Thai Green Curry (Thailand). We like them because are healthy, organic, and they instantly add a pop of robust flavor to any meal.
We were selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all our own.
- 1 lb of your favorite white fish fillets.
- 1 package of Village Harvest Coconut Tumeric rice
- ½ C coconut
- ½ C sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 small shallot chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 lemons
- ¼ C chopped chives
- ¼ C olive oil
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- When cooked, remove from bag and transfer to a sauté pan with half of the olive oil.
- Add chopped shallots and chopped garlic and cook over low heat for 3-4 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, brown coconut by placing in a small sauté pan over medium heat stirring until golden brown.
- Add coconut and chopped chives to rice and combine.
- Remove from heat and add coconut and chopped sun-dried tomatoes to rice and combine.
- Preheat oven to 375° and cut fish fillets down the middle vertically ¾ of the way.
- Place ½ C rice onto fish fillet and fold other flap of fish over the fish to give the look in the pictures.
- Place on baking sheet and drizzle remaining oil and juice of 1 lemon and bake for 8-12 minutes until fish is done and flaky.
- Remove from oven. Squeeze remaining lemon over fish and allow to set for 3 minutes, then serve with remaining rice and your favorite vegetable.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 16 mins
- Category: Entrée
- Cuisine: Island Inspired