A wonderful, simple recipe that starts with a terrific base of prepared rice with added ingredients to create a healthy meal.
- 1 lb of your favorite white fish fillets.
- 1 package of Village Harvest Coconut Tumeric rice
- 1/2 C coconut
- 1/2 C sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 small shallot chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 lemons
- 1/4 C chopped chives
- 1/4 C olive oil
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- When cooked, remove from bag and transfer to a sauté pan with half of the olive oil.
- Add chopped shallots and chopped garlic and cook over low heat for 3-4 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, brown coconut by placing in a small sauté pan over medium heat stirring until golden brown.
- Add coconut and chopped chives to rice and combine.
- Remove from heat and add coconut and chopped sun-dried tomatoes to rice and combine.
- Preheat oven to 375° and cut fish fillets down the middle vertically 3/4 of the way.
- Place 1/2 C rice onto fish fillet and fold other flap of fish over the fish to give the look in the pictures.
- Place on baking sheet and drizzle remaining oil and juice of 1 lemon and bake for 8-12 minutes until fish is done and flaky.
- Remove from oven. Squeeze remaining lemon over fish and allow to set for 3 minutes, then serve with remaining rice and your favorite vegetable.