A thin, flaky crêpe, enveloping roasted mushrooms, tomatoes, potatoes and topped with a fried egg makes for a stellar breakfast.
FOR THE CREPES:
- 1 1/2 C all purpose flour
- 3 Eggs
- 3/4 C milk
- 3/4 C water
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- pinch of salt
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1/2 C sour cream
- 1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp truffle oil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
FOR THE FILLING:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4-6 button mushrooms
- 1/2 C petite baby potatoes
- 1 egg
- 4-6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp pea shoots
TO PREPARE CRÊPES:
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs and add flour and combine.
- Add water and milk and mix until smooth.
- Add butter and salt and mix
- Using a 10" non stick sauté pan, spray the first time with a light coating of non-stick cooking spray and add about 1/2 C of crepe mix into a heated pan and swirl the pan around so the batter coats the entire pan.
- Cook about 2 minutes over medium high heat, until edges pull away and crepe starts to brown.
- Flip crepe over and cook an additional minute.
- Continue until all mix is used (this can be wrapped in plastic and stored in refrigerator for 4-5 days to use later).
FOR THE FILLING:
- Heat the same skillet over medium high heat adding the olive oil and mushrooms, potatoes and cherry tomatoes.
- Cook for about 5-8 minutes until potatoes are fork-tender. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl.
- Cook an egg to your preference.
- Prepare sauce by mixing all ingredients in a small bowl.
- (We served it in a 6 inch skillet, however a 10 inch dinner plate will work)
- Place crepe on plate and add a couple dollops of the sour cream sauce and top with vegetables and egg. Garnish with pea shoots and salt and pepper as needed.
Keywords: crepe, crêpe, skillet, egg, potato, French, breakfast, brunch