A sweet yet flavorful breakfast that is perfect to sit on the porch and enjoy with a cup of coffee.
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla (clear)
- 15 oz can of dark pitted cherries
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Thaw puff pastry according to manufacture.
- Roll out puff pastry to create a 12 x 12" square
- Cut in half both directions to create 4-6" squares.
- Place cream cheese in a mixing bowl, add sugar and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Spray 4-5 in tart or pie pans with cooking spray and place puff pastry in and place 3 tbsp cream cheese mix on top and fold each corner of puff pastry into center.
- Repeat until all 8 tarts are complete.
- Place on baking sheet and bake until golden brown. About 12-15 minutes.
- While they are baking drain juice from cherries into a small saucepan, reserving cherries.
- Combine cornstarch with 1/4 C water and whisk until dissolved. Add to cherry juice and cook over medium heat until juice thickens, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool until pastries are done.
- Add cherries to thickened juice and mix.
- Top each pastry with cherries and enjoy.
Keywords: breakfast, cherry, cream cheese, pastry, puff pastry, dessert