A hearty new twist on mom’s deviled egg recipe.
- 6 Hard Boiled Eggs
- 1/2 C mayo
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 slices cooked bacon
- 1 tsp. parsley flakes
- 1 TBSP. yellow mustard
- 1/4 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 vinegar (preferably white)
- Start by placing 6 eggs in medium stock pot and cover with cold water.
- Add vinegar to water and transfer to stove and cook over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Turn heat off and let sit for 10 minutes
- Transfer to sink and run cold water over eggs for 10 minutes.
- Peel shells off eggs
- Lay egg on cutting board and cut an 1/8 in off bottom of egg so it will stand on plate.
- Cut top 1/4 of egg of and remove yolk while leaving white in tact.
- In mixing bowl add yolks, mayo, parsley, onion powder cheese and mustard and mix thoroughly while breaking up yolks until well blended.
- Finely chop the bacon and the remaining egg white tops and add to mixture.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Fill Egg cups and enjoy.