A great fresh and flavorful side dish
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 lime
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 TBSP. Fresh cilantro
- Start by dicing tomatoes into 1/4" dice.
- Place diced tomatoes in a colander and rinse under cold water to remove most of the seeds.
- Dice onion in 1/8" pieces
- In a mixing bowl, add tomatoes and onions
- Roll lime on hard surface while pressing down to help release the juice.
- Cut lime in half and add juice of lime to mixture.
- Dice cilantro into a fine chop and add to mixture along with salt.
- Cut jalapeño into a small dice and add as much as you like depending on heat desired (1 tsp. would make this a medium heat factor).
- Remember to add a little at a time because you can always add more if desired, however it's difficult to take it out if too hot...
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Can be refrigerated for a day or two... That is if it lasts that long.
- Serve with your favorite chips.