A Festive Blackberry Fizz is a deliciously easy way to celebrate the holiday season.
This little cocktail tastes as good as it looks. The holiday season is upon us, and with that comes family get togethers, work parties, and celebratory dinners with good friends. This Festive Blackberry Fizz is a cocktail that can served up quickly and is guaranteed to provide your guests with holiday cheer in just a few sips.
We like to imagine that our readers have time to host elegant holiday parties, or attend them, armed with a delicious appetizer or ingredients for the perfect cocktail. We realize, however, that this is usually far from the truth. Jackie and I try to get to as many parties as we can, but our busy schedules often get in the way. Holiday shopping, decorating, and shoveling snow sometimes keeps us from socializing as much as we would like to. With all of that said, we believe this Festive Blackberry Fizz is just as enjoyable for a party of two. Imagine this: you spend all day at the office, stop to do some shopping afterwards; then you return home and prepare dinner for the family. By the time you finally get to sit down and relax, it is eight or nine o’clock (if you are lucky). If you are like me, you are tired and a little cranky. My advice is to grab two glasses, mix up this cocktail, and spend some quality time together in front of the tree. This drink is refreshing and delicious, and enjoying it with someone that you love makes it all the more enjoyable (just limit to one or two if you have to work the next day)..
- 4 oz fresh blackberries
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ C honey
- 4 oz vodka
- 8 oz blackberry seltzer
- 2 sprigs of rosemary (garnish)
- Crushed Ice
- In a small sauce pan, combine blackberries and honey and heat over medium heat until berries are broken down, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain thru a fine mesh strainer. Discard the pulp and seeds.
- Add vanilla and stir.
- Fill 2 8 oz glasses with ice and add 2 oz each of the berry juice and vodka to each of the glasses.
- Fill glass to the rim with the blackberry seltzer and stir.
- Garnish with fresh berries and rosemany.