A great homemade gelato made without an ice cream maker. We used an emulsion blender (and some patience) to create heaven overnight.
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 Cup powdered milk
- 2 Cups 2% milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 Cup heavy cream
- 1 Cup crushed chocolate covered pretzels
- 1/2 Cup hot fudge (room temperature)
- In a mixing bowl (stainless steel works best) add milk, cream, powdered milk, sugar and vanilla. Mix until sugar is dissolved.
- With an emulsion blender, mix on high for 5 minutes, to incorporate air.
- Place in freezer for 2 hours, and then mix with blender again for 5 minutes.
- Repeat 3 more times for a total of 5 times, mixing every hour instead of two.
- Cover with plastic and place in coldest place of freezer overnight.
- In morning combine crushed pretzels and fudge using a butter knife, cutting toppings into ice cream base.
- Transfer to container with air tight lid for 15 minutes or more.
- Serve and enjoy.