Garden Fresh Penne is a healthy & complete family meal that comes together in minutes.
Well, it’s that time of year again. The school year has begun. When my kids get home from school they are usually starving. Keeping track of teenagers’ schedules is a difficult task in itself, with after school sports, extracurricular activities, and jobs. Meal planning for a busy family is quite a challenge.
We are fortunate; the kids are super easy when it comes to meal prep. They have always had an open mind when it comes to food, and they are open to trying new things. This is a blessing, but time restraints sometimes keep me from getting as creative as I would like to on school days. Barilla Ready Pasta is a big help with this because it allows me to create individualized meals in a quick amount of time without sacrificing flavor. This Garden Fresh Penne is one meal I created in five minutes!
Garden Fresh Penne is filled with healthy goodness. The pasta, made with all-natural ingredients, is cooked to a perfect “al dente” and the fresh vegetables make this a complete dish that even older kids can prepare for themselves. We don’t always have time to make a gourmet meal that we are proud of. Barilla Ready Pasta makes it possible to create a quality meal in minutes.
- 1 package Barilla Ready Pasta Penne
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ¼ C extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. basil
- 1 tbsp fresh parmesan cheese
- 6 asparagus spears
- ½ C peas
- 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat, oil and garlic in large sauté pan.
- Add peas and asparagus and heat over medium heat. Then add pasta.
- Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and basil and sauté for additional 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parmesan and serve.
- Serves 2. Double recipe for family of 4.