Grilled asparagus with a smoky flavor and a crunch that's tangy and savory
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1/2 C panko bread crumbs (coarse)
- 1/2 C grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 C olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Clean and dry asparagus. Place in shallow dish
- Pour 1/4 C olive oil over asparagus to coat
- Place asparagus on grill over medium heat and cook for 10 minutes, rolling occasionally to cook evenly.
- While asparagus is cooking, prepare topping and preheat broiler in oven:
- In a mixing bowl, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and remaining oil until thoroughly mixed.
- When asparagus is done cooking, place it in an oven safe shallow baking dish.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs over asparagus and place under broiler until bread crumb mixture has browned (about 5-8 minutes).
- Remove from oven. Squeeze lemon juice over asparagus and salt and pepper to taste.