Prosciutto & Arugula Pizza is a simple Italian dish, made with the freshest ingredients and perfectly complimented by a glass of Conundrum White.I have only recently discovered that my trusted friend, the grill, is a great device for cooking pizza. Even when the weather is chilly, I like to run outside and grill pizza. Not only is it quick, but grilling produces the most beautiful, bubbly, crunchy crust that I think is ideal for this Grilled Prosciutto & Arugula Pizza. It also keeps the kitchen cool, leaving time for us to sip wine while we prepare this simple but gorgeous dish.When our friends at Conundrum sent us some of their new 2016 vintage of Conundrum White, we thought it only fitting to pair it with this Prosciutto & Arugula Pizza. We love this wine because it is a genuine crowd pleaser (and its under $20!!). It is dry, crisp, and vibrant, with layers of pineapple, starfruit, and pear, and we love the way it balances the salty, savory flavors of this simple pizza.As much as we are both addicted to the grilled crust, it is okay to cook this pizza in the oven as well. I just insist on fresh (and ideally local) ingredients to bring out the intended flavors of this dish. Freshly shaved prosciutto and good quality, fresh mozzarella are the key to this pizza. It is a deliciously simple and light meal, intended to complement the exquisite blend of flavors of Conundrum White.
This post is sponsored by our friends at Conundrum Wines. All opinions are our own.
You can purchase 2016 Conundrum White here, for under $20!!
A traditional Italian dish made best by cooking on the grill. Fresh ingredients lend perfectly for this flavorful pizza.
- 1 8 oz refrigerated dough ball (in most refrigerated sections of the grocery store)
- 6 oz fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz fresh prosciutto
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1/2 C fresh pesto sauce
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 1 C fresh arugula
- fresh black pepper
- Now we used a grill to cook this one.
- Heat grill to reach 450° and place baking stone on one side. The side you have the stone on keep at medium high. The indirect side keep on high.
- Roll out dough and place on the back of a smooth cookie sheet with a little flour or corn meal sprinkled on to avoid sticking.
- Using a pastry brush spread out pesto sauce evenly to the edges.
- Chop garlic and sprinkle over pesto.
- Add mozzarella cheese and transfer to pizza stone.
- Cook with lid down on grill for 7-8 minutes or until crust is evenly browned.
- Remove from grill and top with prosciutto and arugula and then drizzle with olive oil.
- Pepper to taste.
- This can be prepared in an oven by using a heavy baking sheet on the highest rack with the oven set at 450 degrees. Bake until crust is browned, about 7-10 minutes. as all ovens vary, please check bottom for burning and turn pan as needed to avoid scorching.