A traditional Italian dish made best by cooking on the grill. Fresh ingredients lend perfectly for this flavorful pizza.
- 1 8 oz refrigerated dough ball (in most refrigerated sections of the grocery store)
- 6 oz fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz fresh prosciutto
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1/2 C fresh pesto sauce
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 1 C fresh arugula
- fresh black pepper
- Now we used a grill to cook this one.
- Heat grill to reach 450° and place baking stone on one side. The side you have the stone on keep at medium high. The indirect side keep on high.
- Roll out dough and place on the back of a smooth cookie sheet with a little flour or corn meal sprinkled on to avoid sticking.
- Using a pastry brush spread out pesto sauce evenly to the edges.
- Chop garlic and sprinkle over pesto.
- Add mozzarella cheese and transfer to pizza stone.
- Cook with lid down on grill for 7-8 minutes or until crust is evenly browned.
- Remove from grill and top with prosciutto and arugula and then drizzle with olive oil.
- Pepper to taste.
- This can be prepared in an oven by using a heavy baking sheet on the highest rack with the oven set at 450 degrees. Bake until crust is browned, about 7-10 minutes. as all ovens vary, please check bottom for burning and turn pan as needed to avoid scorching.