Hawaiian Pineapple Pulled Pork Sandwiches are a mouth-watering, make ahead dish, ideal for summer entertaining.Fire up the grill and pack up the cooler. Summer has officially arrived! We are busy planning the menu for our annual Memorial Day cookout at Superman Cooks, and we couldn’t be more excited. Not only are we celebrating the official kick off of summer, but also the very first National Pinot Grigio Day!Thanks to our friends at Cavit Wines, we’ll be enjoying an Italian Pinot Grigio this holiday weekend and all summer long. Its light and subtle fruit overtones make it the perfect beverage choice for summer entertaining, and Keith has created some incredible Hawaiian Pineapple Pulled Pork Sandwiches that pair perfectly with its crisp and light flavor. These Hawaiian Pineapple Pulled Sandwiches are the perfect “make ahead” recipe for the holiday weekend. The pork can be prepared a day or two before the party and quickly assembled as the burgers and dogs are cooking on the grill. Keith was inspired by the flavors of Hawaiian barbecue, oven-roasting the pork with minimal spices (and beer!), then combining it with a complex flavored, sweet pineapple salsa. The result is a subtly sweet, melt-in-your mouth bite that will give new life to a summer cookout. Your guests are sure to be coming back for more.Mark your calendar for the Friday before Memorial Day, and raise your glasses to National Pinot Grigio Day! Summer has officially begun, and we can’t think of a better way to enjoy the season than with Cavit Pinot Grigio and a backyard barbecue. This post is sponsored by our friends at Cavit Wines. All opinions are our own.
- 2 lb fresh pork roast
- 12 oz light lager beer
- 4 limes
- 2 C fresh pineapple (diced)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 yellow pepper (roasted)
- ½ C diced red onion
- 1 C white vinegar
- 1 tbsp crushed red pepper
- ¼ C white sugar
- ½ C chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. While heating, salt and pepper all sides of pork roast.
- When pan is very hot, place pork roast in pan and sear meat on all sides until golden brown.
- Transfer to oven safe vessel that can be tightly covered. Pour beer over pork along with juice of 2 limes. Cover and cook in 350 degree pre-heated oven.
- Cook for 90 minutes (or until tender).
- While pork is cooking, prepare pineapple salsa to add to pork.
- Mix diced pineapple with diced pepper, diced onion and juice from remaining 2 limes. Set aside.
- Remove pork from oven and using two forks, shred pork into bite-sized pieces. While still hot, add vinegar, sugar, garlic cloves (crushed) and crushed red pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Add ½ of the pineapple mixture and return to oven, uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Mix pork mixture and add ½ of the cilantro to pork and the other half to remaining pineapple mixture.
- Place pork mixture onto a fresh brioche bun and top with fresh pineapple mixture. Serve Warm.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 90 mins
- Category: Summer cookout sandwich