A flavorful sandwich created with all the goodness from the holiday meal in a way that makes it fresh and new.
- 8 ounce fresh turkey breast (we used leftover turkey)
- 2-6 inch french baguettes
- 6 ounces fresh brussel sprouts (shredded)
- 3 Tbsp mayo
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 slices cooked bacon
- 1 red pear
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp Bell's Poultry seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 2 tsp white sugar
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Start by placing vinegar, sugar, pepper and celery seed in a medium mixing bowl and mix until sugar is dissolved.
- Add brussel sprouts and mix. Allow to sit for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- On an oven-safe pan, place turkey in a single layer and top with cheddar cheese, then top with chopped bacon.
- Place under broiler to melt cheese.
- To prepare sandwich start by spreading butter on sliced baguette and grill (flat side down) in sauté pan until browned.
- Top bottom of bread with pears sliced into 1/8 in slices.
- Top with 1/2 turkey, bacon and cheese from broiler.
- Drain sprouts and top turkey with half of sprouts.
- Finish off with mayo spread made by combining bells poultry seasoning mixed with mayo.