Holiday Spiced Pear Cake is a festive treat to celebrate the season.
Let the holiday season begin! Almost immediately after Thanksgiving (once the shopping frenzy is complete), we start thinking about Christmas baking. Although I will never live up to the standards of cookie making set by my mother, we do try to make a few festive treats every year.
This Holiday Spiced Pear Cake is a recipe we created and shot for our friends at Fresh Up Your Life. We loved the way it turned out so much that we had to share it in our space. Made with Italian Pear Nectar, this cake is moist and sweet with a bit of spicy cinnamon. The pear compote spooned over the bread is best served warm, but you could use it in the summertime, served cold with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
We think that the combination of pear nectar and pistachios is what makes this recipe stand out. While we placed the pistachios on top of the bread, you could easily add more in the batter prior to baking to create a bread with a little more crunch. Why not make a few loaves, as this Spiced Pear Cake makes a great holiday gift.
Looking for the perfect gift? Pear nectar and a unique combination of spices make this Spieced Pear Cake a festive treat for the holidays and beyond.
1 ½ C flour
1 C sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp cloves
½ tsp ginger
½ tsp allspice
½ tsp cardamom
½ tsp salt
¼ c canola oil
1 c pear nectar
½ C chopped pistachios added just before baking
½ C diced pears
2 tbsp butter
¼ c sugar
2 tsp corn starch
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour 1 loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients and mix.
- In another bowl, combine the wet ingredients along with eggs and mix.
- Combine wet ingredients with dry and mix just until moistened.
- Transfer mix into pan and place pistachios evenly on top of mixture.
- Place in oven and bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
To make topping:
- In a small sauce pan melt butter and add pears, sugar and cook for 4-5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add cinnamon and stir
- mix cornstarch and water and add to mixture and cook for 1 minute.
To serve, slice bread and spoon topping over bread.
Keywords: spice cake, holiday, cake, pear, pear nectar, pear cake, gift, christmas