A great side dish for grilling season. Filled with fresh herbs, bacon and sausage.
- 3 large baking potatoes
- 8 oz bacon, chopped
- 4 oz sausage
- 2 Tbsp fresh sage
- 4 oz gouda cheese, shredded
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 C wild garlic chopped with greens (can substitute scallions)
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 6 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Wash and poke holes into potatoes with fork to allow steam to escape.
- Place on oven rack and cook for 60-70 minutes and until potatoes are fork tender
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes
- Turn oven temperature down to 325 degrees
- In a medium sauté pan, add olive oil, chopped bacon, sausage and cook over medium heat until browned.
- Turn heat to low and add chopped garlic, wild garlic and sage and cook for 5 minutes.
- When potatoes have cooled, slice in half lengthwise.
- With a spoon, scoop out potato meat, leaving a 1/4 in of potato meat in the skin.
- Add potato meat to the bacon mixture and add butter and gouda cheese.
- Mix until well combined.
- Fill potato shells with potato and bacon mixture and place on bacon sheet.
- Top with shredded cheddar and place in oven until cheese has melted. About 15 minutes.
- Remove and salt and pepper to taste.