Lemon Broccolini Topped with Egg is a simple vegetable dish with a creative blend of texture and flavor.We always try to throw vegetable recipes into the mix. We do this mainly because we love vegetables but also because it is a healthy way to eat. There are a so many different vegetables to choose from, but we think it’s important to pick local produce that is in season. This recipe came to us from inspiration we had while eating dinner at Otto in Las Vegas.
Now at this point I can't quite remember what the exact dish was, but I do remember that it contained broccolini and fresh squeezed lemons. It must have been fate that Jackie and I stumbled across some broccolini at the local market; we looked at each other and decided it was time to create our own version of the delicious dish from Otto. Since neither of us could remember exactly what we ate, we decided to take this a different route and use fresh parmesan and a sunny side up egg.Our Lemon Broccolini Topped with Egg was an instant hit. The slightly crisp broccolini pairs deliciously with the lemon, egg, and parmesan. We topped it off with some sliced almonds for an extra crunch. This dish is perfect for brunch or a light meal, or it can be served as a side with a simple chicken entrée. However you choose to serve it, Lemon Broccolini Topped with Egg is a tasty way to serve vegetables.
- 8 oz fresh broccolini
- 2 small fresh eggs
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ C sliced toasted almonds
- parmesan cheese
- In a large sauté pan bring ½ C water to boil. Add broccolini, cover and cook over medium for 3 minutes.
- Remove from water and allow to dry. Drain water from pan and return to stove top.
- Heat olive oil in pan and add broccolini along with garlic cloves and cracked pepper, Cook turning half way for 7-8 minutes over high heat.
- While this is cooking, using anther sauté pan, cook two eggs over medium heat until whites are firm.
- To serve, plate broccolini and top with eggs and toasted almonds.
- Shave fresh parmesan and fresh squeezed lemon juice over top.
- Salt to taste.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Vegetable
- Cuisine: Italian American