Meat lover’s bacon burgers are an all-American classic, combining three kinds of meat for a tender and juicy bite.
Burgers on the grill for Father’s day is a tradition that we have had for years. Normally, it’s a hand-formed beef patty for me, a turkey burger for Jackie, and a bacon burger for the kids. This year we wanted to celebrate Superman Cooks style and kick it up a notch. I decided to combine all three proteins for a complex and hearty burger. In my opinion, these flavors go together like peanut butter and jelly, corn flakes and milk, Pepsi and Hershey’s chocolate syrup…. Okay maybe not that one (even though my mom was a fan of it).
Who doesn’t love a burger on the grill? The idea for these meat lover’s bacon burgers turned a few heads when I first mentioned it. The heads I am referring to are those of my children, who have been known to shoot me a look or two when I suggest something new. Despite the eyebrow raising and head turning, my kids are pretty good about trying new things, especially on a day that celebrates me. They do eat almost everything we make (except maybe Jackie’s green smoothie). Now this is one burger I can get behind. The kids fell in love with it and so did we. As we sat down to eat this meal and Jackie and I were dressing our bacon burgers with our favorite toppings, I glanced over at my boy (young man) to see that he was finishing off his last bite. Thankfully, I had prepared enough patties to satisfy his insatiable teenage appetite. This burger will definitely make all meat loving dads (and other family members) happy, as it is bursting with complex flavor in every bite. I can’t think of a better way to spend a summer afternoon: great food, a few cold beers, and the company of my favorite people in the whole world. Happy Father’s Day from Superman Cooks!
Be sure to check out our ultimate grilling guide to make sure you burger is cooked to perfection
- 8 ounces ground beef
- 8 ounces ground turkey
- 8 ounces bacon, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients together and refrigerate for 15 minutes
- Divide into 4 equal portions
- Patty burgers without smashing patties too much. Keep loosely packed.
- Brush burgers with melted butter.
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees
- Place burgers over flames and grill 3 minutes.
- Turn burgers ½ way and grill an additional 3 minutes.
- Flip burgers over and grill 2 minutes
- Turn burgers half way and grill an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from grill and place in plate.
- Cover plate with foil and allow to sit 5 minutes
- Prepare buns with favorite condiments
- Add burgers and enjoy.