A light and healthy salad using a street corn recipe that goes great with any BBQ dish
- 8 oz spring mix
- 2 ears fresh corn
- 6-10 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 C fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
- 1/4 C diced red onion
- 1/4 C parmesan cheese
- 1/4 C rice vinegar
- 1/2 C olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 diced green pepper
- Remove corn from husks and place on hot grill to char the kernels, turning as corn cooks
- Remove when corn is 60% charred. Allow to cool and cut from cob.
- Place spring mix in large bowl and top with quartered tomatoes.
- Set aside while preparing dressing.
- I n a medium mixing bowl combine juice from lime, vinegar, diced onion and pepper, finely chopped garlic and mix until combined.
- Slowly add oil and whisk until combined.
- Pour over salad and top with parmesan cheese, cut corn and cilantro.
- Toss salad and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite main dish or top with grilled chicken for a complete meal.