An All-American cookie with an unbeatable flavor combination, courtesy of Milk Bar.
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 1/4 C sugar
- 2/3 C light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 C Cornflake crunch ( 5 C cornflakes,1/2 C powdered milk, 3 Tbsp sugar, 9 Tbsp butter melted)
- 2/3 C mini chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 C mini marshmallows
- TO MAKE THE CORNFLAKE CRUNCH:
- Preheat oven to 275°.
- Crush cornflakes to resemble rice, Add milk powder, sugar and crumbs and mix, drizzle melted butter while tossing to resemble clusters of goodies. Bake on pan lined with parchment for 20 minutes. remove and allow to cool.
- TO MAKE THE COOKIES:
- Combine butter and sugars into a mixing bowl cream together with a paddle mixer. Add the egg and vanilla and continue to mix for 6-7 minutes.
- Slow speed down and add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix just long enough to bring the dough together.
- With a spatula, add the cornflake crunch and chocolate chips until combined.
- Mix in marshmallows just until incorporated.
- Scoop batter onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and flatten slightly.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour (or up to one week).
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees and bake cookies for 15-18 minutes until edges are slightly browned.
- Cool the cookies on pan before transferring to a plate or container.