Peppermint Patty Brownies are a delectable holiday treat with a creamy mint center.Let the holiday baking season begin! Submitted for your approval, our first festive confection of the season: Peppermint Patty Brownies. It was Keith who came up with this one, as we strolled down the baking aisle sometime in early November. Even though he seems to be missing the gene that is associated with a sweet tooth, Keith was quite insistent that we create a brownie-based treat with a minty kick, much like our beloved Peppermint Patty.Who am I to argue with my superman? He wanted a rich, minty, chocolate dessert, so that is exactly what he got. We had no idea that this endeavor would be so complicated, that creating a peppermint filling had its own set of challenges. But I didn’t hear anyone complaining about the aroma of chocolate brownies circulating through the house the first, second, or even third time.Finally, we got it right. These Peppermint Patty Brownies are the perfect combination of rich chocolate and sweet peppermint, a decadent treat that is sure to be a hit this time of year. And while we originally envisioned them to look a little neater, we couldn’t help but fall in love with the delectable gooey center that spilled over when these chocolate brownies were sliced at room temperature. Sometimes an unintentional outcome can make the most delightful image.
A rich, sweet chocolate dessert with a creamy mint center, perfect as a dessert topped with ice cream.
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 mins
- Yield: 9 treats 1x
- ⅔ C all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 C sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- For the peppermint filling:
- 1 small can sweetened condensed milk
- 4-6 C powdered sugar
- 1 ½ tsp peppermint extract
- 6 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp. butter
- peppermint candies
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Grease bottom and sides of 8x8 pan
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- Melt chocolate and butter in double boiler over low heat until smooth.
- Remove from heat and whisk in sugar and vanilla then whisk in eggs 1 at a time.
- Whisk completely until smooth and combined.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until all combined
- Bake until toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
- While brownie base bakes, prepare peppermint center by combining condensed milk, powdered sugar and peppermint extract and mix until combined.
- When brownies are done, remove from oven and allow to cool for about 20-30 minutes.
- Pour peppermint mixture over brownie base and spread till even and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate chips and butter over medium heat until smooth.
- Pour mixture over cooled peppermint mixture and top with crushed peppermint candy pieces.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 15 minutes.
- Cut into 9 pieces and enjoy.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
[…] Look, the Holiday Season is a season of sweets and treats. The next few weeks will be overloaded with cookies, cakes, pies, and many more sweet treats. Today we get a look at a unique and a perfect recipe for the Holiday Season. Today we get a look at a recipe for Peppermint Patty Brownies. This unique and stunning treat is easy to make and even easier to eat and comes from the good folks over at Superman Cooks. […]