A twist on a potato salad that starts with fresh pickled veggies and red potatoes. The addition of cornichons give a subtle tangy flavor.
- 3 lbs red potatoes
- 1 C shredded carrots
- 5 asparagus spears
- 1 watermelon radish, sliced thin
- 1/2 C cornichons (or sweet pickles) chopped
- 1 C white vinegar
- 1/2 C cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp black pepper corns
- 1 tsp crushed red peppers
- 1/2 C olive oil
- 1/2 C Cilantro
- Place potatoes in a large stock pot and cover with water. Boil for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- While potatoes are cooking, boil 1 C water and add sugar, garlic cloves, peppercorns, red pepper flakes and white vinegar.
- Add shredded carrots, asparagus,and radishes to vinegar and water mixture and allow to sit for 10-15 minutes.
- When potatoes are done cooking, drain and carefully cut into small pieces and place in a large bowl. Add cider vinegar.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour veggies into a strainer and add to potatoes, along with olive oil and chopped pickles.
- Salt and pepper to taste and toss in cilantro.