A fresh tasting salad that will please everyone. It is filled with hearty ingredients to satisfy even a large appetite.
- 6 oz grilled steak (we used a grilled strip)
- 3 oz mixed greens
- 1 cup chopped potatoes
- 1/2 tsp garlic paste (can use fresh)
- 1 TBSP fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/4 C blue cheese crumbles
- 1/4 C slivered red onions
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 C olive oil (divided)
- 1/4 C red wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Place chopped potatoes, garlic and fresh rosemary in a medium mixing bowl and drizzle 1/4 C olive oil and toss to coat potatoes.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes until tender.
- Remove from oven and transfer back to mixing bowl.
- Drizzle red wine vinegar over potatoes while warm and toss to coat.
- To assemble salad, line a serving dish with mixed greens and top with steak sliced thin. sprinkle with blue cheese and slivered onions. Pour potatoes and remaining liquid over salad.
- Drizzle with remaining olive oil and squeeze juice of one lemon on top.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- The heat of the potatoes will melt the cheese slightly and bring all the flavors together perfectly.