- 2 C left over mashed potatoes
- 2 C shredded potatoes soaked in cold water
- 1/2 C shredded carrots
- 1/2 C shredded onion
- 1/4 C chopped parsley
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1/4 C panko bread crumbs
- vegetable oil
- In a medium sauce pan, place shredded potatoes, carrots and onions and fill with water.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Drain and allow to cool.
- Squeeze out as much water as possible.
- Combine this mixture with mashed potatoes. Add all spices and parsley.
- Whisk eggs and add to mixture.
- Add bread crumbs and mix thoroughly
- Heat large skillet on stove over medium high heat, add enough oil to cover bottom of pan.
- Drop potato mixture by spoonfuls and flatten to form pancakes.
- Cook 3-4 minutes or until brown, flip over and repeat.
- Serve with sour cream and a side of applesauce.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Side Dish
- Serving Size: 3
- Calories: 213
- Sugar: 3.8 g
- Sodium: 1263 mg
- Fat: 9.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 26.5 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Cholesterol: 86.3 mg