- 3 ears sweet corn
- 2 russet potatoes
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 apple
- 1 medium onion
- 3 green onions
- 1 carrot
- 2 tbsp chicken base
- 1 cup 2% Milk
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- Husk corn and place directly on grill to roast, turning kernels brown. You can use a gas stove as well, laying corn directly on grate above flame.
- Once corn is brown, remove and allow to cool enough to be able to cut from the cob.
- Cut corn from cob. Remove 1 C corn and place remaining corn in stock pot over medium heat with 3 tbsp butter.
- While corn is cooking (it will release sweet starch), peel and dice potatoes and carrot into 1/4 inch pieces and add to corn.
- Dice onion and add to pot as well.
- Drop thyme into pot and cook until potatoes are fork tender, about 7-10 minutes.
- Add chicken base and 1 quart water.
- Peel and dice apple and add to pot. Continue to cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Remove thyme sprig and discard.
- Using emulsion (stick) blender, blend mixture until thick and creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Add milk and remaining corn.
- Dice green onion and add to soup. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste and add remaining 3 tbsp butter.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 6 oz
- Calories: 271
- Sugar: 15.2 g
- Sodium: 51.5 mg
- Fat: 13.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 36.3 g
- Protein: 5.5 g
- Cholesterol: 33.8 mg
Keywords: soup, corn bisque, sweet, apple, summer