Quiche is one of those meals that most people don’t think of serving for dinner. I grew up eating it for lunch or brunch on the weekends. I like making our Roasted Tomato & Arugula Quiche on a Friday to enjoy all weekend long. Our latest recipe, this Mushroom and Asparagus Quiche, is a dish we believe is perfect for any meal. But to be honest, I have found myself preparing it most often for dinner (especially during the height of asparagus season)! It's just the right kind of meal for a busy weeknight, and it heats up perfectly for lunch the next day.
The popular question "what's for dinner?" is asked quite often at our house, and I think this seasonal Asparagus Quiche is a great answer. Asparagus and mushrooms combine to add hearty flavor to this simple dish. With just a bit of planning, you can whip the ingredients together and have a light but satisfying meal on the table in no time. I like to serve it this with a mixed green salad with homemade blueberry vinaigrette.
"There is no shame in using a store bought pie crust to save time making this Asparagus Quiche."
- but if you want to make a homemade crust, you can get the recipe here
We're all about getting dinner on the table as quickly as possible, without sacrificing flavor. So there is no shame in using a store bought pie crust to save time making this quiche. We do it all the time. Just make sure you pre-bake it and allow it to cool before you fill it with the egg mixture. Quiche for dinner is a "thing" at our house, especially when it is made with fresh, seasonal vegetables. This Mushroom & Asparagus Quiche is a quickly becoming a new family favorite.Print
Fresh, seasonal asparagus and hearty mushrooms make this Rustic Asparagus Quiche a delicious choice for any meal of the day.
- 10” pie crust
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 large eggs
- ¾ C milk
- ¾ C heavy cream
- 1 C asparagus pieces
- 1 C sliced Mushrooms
- ¼ C green onions, chopped
- 1 C shredded cheese (we used Monterey Jack & cheddar )
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Heat oven to 400° and bake pie shell for 10-12 minutes. When done, remove from oven and allow to cool while preparing filling.
- Heat butter in a large sauté pan. Add mushrooms and asparagus and cook for 3-4 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Remove from heat and prepare egg mixture by whisking eggs with milk and cream. Add nutmeg and salt and pepper.
- Place cheese in bottom of pie crust. Add vegetables, then place the pie shell on a baking sheet and place on middle rack of oven.
- Slowly pour egg mixture over vegetables, be careful not to overflow pie shell.
- Top with green onions and reduce heat to 325°. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until lightly browned and firm.
- Remove from oven.
- Allow top cool for 10 minutes before slicing
- this recipe uses a store bought pie crust to save time. To make your own homemade crust, get the recipe here.
Keywords: quiche, asparagus, vegetarian, egg, vegetable, easy, brunch, breakfast