My sweet, midwestern man just can't get enough potatoes. The really are a food group for him; he could eat them morning, noon and night. I can't tell you how many times I have awaken to find him at the stove cooking up some kind of potato dish for breakfast. It would be sacrilege in our house not to cook up the entire five-pound bag at once. Thou shall always have leftover potatoes.I caught him the other day eyeing up some beautifully colored spuds at the farmer's market. How could I say no to that face? He flashed me that big, beautiful smile, his eyes beaming, and I could see the wheels turning in his head as he dreamt up yet another potato salad recipe.
The man has good instincts. This rustic potato salad, with fresh rosemary and a sprinkle of blue cheese, is a lovely and colorful accent to any meal. It is very easy to make, but it looks gourmet. The succulent potatoes soak up the oil and lemon juice to produce a rich, savory flavor. Keith served it warm with some burgers on the grill. This proved to be a delicious late summer meal. I admit I helped myself to seconds. But worry not, there was more than enough for breakfast the next morning. I love my potato-loving guy.
Rustic Tri-Colored Potato Salad
A great version of potato salad made with fresh ingredients, designed to eat warm, however great at any temperature
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 3 pounds 1x
- 3 pounds assorted potatoes
- 2 springs rosemary
- 6 oz dry blue cheese
- 2 lemons
- ½ C olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- Clean and cut potatoes into bite size pieces
- Chop Garlic into a fine chop
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Place potatoes in large bowl and add ¼ C olive oil and mix to coat potatoes
- Place on baking sheet in single layer
- Chop fresh rosemary and sprinkle over potatoes along with garlic
- Bake for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes
- Transfer Potatoes to bowl and squeeze juice from 2 lemons over potatoes
- Add ¼ C olive oil and salt and pepper to taste
- Stir in crumbled blue cheese and serve
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
Nicoletta @sugarlovespices says
I love potatoes too! If there's something savory that I like having for breakfast are potatoes in every form 🙂 . And just look at those fabulous 3 color potatoes with lemon, rosemary, and blue cheese (did I tell you that I love blue cheese 😉 ?). Who wouldn't want some??
thanks so much Nicoletta!! You and Keith would get along so well!! Thanks again for all of your support!! It means a lot to us.
K & J