A light tasting banana cheesecake with the flavors of salted caramel.
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 20 Vanilla Wafers
- 12 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ripe banana smashed
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 C chopped pecans
- 1/2 C Caramel sauce
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray cooking spray into 4 individual 5 inch spring form pans.
- Wrap the pans in foil to cover bottom and sides.
- In a food processor, place vanilla wafers and pulse until fine. Melt the butter and add to the cookie crumbs and combine. Press the cookie crumbs into the bottom of the pans to form a crust.
- Bake in the oven for 6-8 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar until well combined. Add eggs one at a time and mix until well combined. Add the banana milk and vanilla and beat until just incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Pour evenly into the four pans and jiggle pans to remove any air pockets. Place pans into a 9 x 13 baking dish and fill with water halfway up sides of pans.
- Bake for an hour until cheese cakes are firm. Turn oven off and open door and allow to set for 15 additional minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely on cooling rack.
- Slide a knife around the outside of each pan to keep pan from sticking to cheese cake.
- Remove spring form pans. Drizzle caramel sauce over cheese cake and sprinkle a pinch of salt over cheesecake and top with crushed pecans.