Packed with smoky, robust flavor & cheesy goodness, Smoky Black Bean Quesadillas are a go-to meatless dinner, tailgating favorite or party appetizer.
1 16 oz can black beans (drained)
4 Chipotle peppers
1/2 C finely diced carrots
1 C fresh spinach
1/2 C cilantro
1/2 C cojito fresco cheese
1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese
2 12 inch flour tortillias
- In a small saucepan, add beans and carrots and 1/2 C water. Dice Chipotle peppers and add to beans.
- Cook over medium for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Using a large sauté pan, lightly spray one side of tortilla and place oil side down in pan.
- Split bean mix, cheeses, spinach and cilantro in half and place half of beans on tortilla and top with both cheeses, cilantro and spinach.
- Cook over medium heat until browned and cheese is melted. About 3-5 minutes.
- Cut lime into wedge and squeeze juice over spinach.
- Fold tortilla in half and remove from pan.
- Repeat with second tortillia.
- Cut into wedges and serve with salsa, sour cream or your favorite sides.
If you prefer your quesadillas less spicy then please cut the chipotle's in half before adding to beans.
Keywords: Mexican, quesadilla, vegetarian, meatless, black bean, tortilla, dinner, easy, appetizer, tailgating, game day