An appetizer that is a cross of Tex Mex and the Korean influence.
- 3-4 russet potatoes, cut into 3/8" julienne pieces
- Oil for frying
- 6 oz leftover steak (ribeye)
- 2 tbsp. chipotle powder
- 3 tbsp. mayo
- 3 tbsp. gojuchang paste
- 1/4 C diced red peppers
- 1/2 C chopped cilantro
- 1/4 C diced green onions.
- In a deep stock pot, heat 3 inches of oil over medium high heat until it reaches 325°
- In 3-4 batches, cook potatoes for 3-4 minutes, then drain on sheet pan covered with paper towels.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Turn heat up on oil until it reaches 375° and cook for 3-4 minutes until fries are golden brown.
- Remove and place on baking sheet lined with paper towels.
- Place fries into mixing bowl and toss with 1 1/2 tbsp. chipotle powder until coated.
- Transfer to 2 serving plates.
- Top fries with diced steak, green onions and diced red peppers.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine mayo, remaining chipotle powder and gojuchang.
- Top fries with sauce and fresh cilantro.