A soup that makes a great starter on a cool fall day. This soup is packed with a combination of creamy alfredo and tangy Marinara sauce and tiny meatballs.
- 8 oz dry thin spaghetti
- 1 quart crushed tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 Cups heavy cream
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1/2 C parmesan cheese
- 10-12 basil leaves
- For the meatballs:
- 4 oz ground beef
- 1/4 C panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt pepper
- To make the meatballs:
- Mix ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, garlic powder, and salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- roll meat mixture into dime size meatballs.
- Place meatballs in a sauté pan and cook over medium heat until meatballs are browned, (about 5-8 minutes).
- Remove from pan, leaving grease in pan.
- To make soup:
- Add butter and chopped garlic cloves to sauté pan you cooked the meatballs in.
- When butter is melted, add cornstarch and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add heavy cream and parmesan cheese and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside
- In a stock pot pour Crushed tomatoes, oregano, pepper, crushed red pepper and cook covered over medium high heat for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add 3 cups water and dry spaghetti broken into small pieces and cook over medium high heat until pasta is al dente (about 8 minutes).
- Turn heat to medium low and add alfredo mixture and continue to cook 10 minutes.
- Add meatballs and salt and pepper to taste.
- Rough chop basil leaves and add to soup. Remove from heat and enjoy.
Keywords: pasta, spaghetti, soup, meatballs, italian, comfort, winter, autumn, warming, basil,