A unique frozen treat that matches two great flavors that pair perfectly together.
- 1 1/2 C fresh strawberries
- 3/4 C whole milk
- 2/3 C granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 C heavy cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 C balsamic glaze
- Wash and de-stem the berries. Place in food processor. Pulse 4-5 times until berries are rough chopped. Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer, combine milk, sugar and salt until combined and sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in heavy cream and vanilla along with berries and the juice that it produced while sitting.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour up to overnight.
- Place mixture into ice cream maker and mix according to manufacturers instructions. Mix until the mixture is soft serve consistency.
- Fold the balsamic glaze into the ice cream using a spatula. You want it to create a swirl in the ice cream.
- Transfer to an air tight container and freeze an additional 2 hours (or longer) before serving.