A simply sweet dessert for two, perfect for a romantic evening
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 3/4 C flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/2 stick cold unsalted butter
- 1-2 TBSP ice water
- For glaze:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1 chocolate bar (we used dark chocolate)
- In a mixing bowl,add flour, 1/4 tsp sugar, 1/4 tsp salt, and mix together.
- Take cold butter and cut into small pieces and add to flour mixture.
- Using a pastry cutter or two knives, cut butter into flour until it looks like pebbly flour.
- Using your hands squeeze mixture and add 1 Tbsp of ice water and combine until dough stays together. Add more water if needed.
- Cover dough and refrigerate for 15-30 minutes.
- Remove dough and place on floured surface and roll out onto a 1/8 thick circle.
- Find a tart pan or small oven safe container (we used a 6 inch cast iron platter).
- Transfer dough and remove excess from edge of platter and decorate edge with fork for design.
- Place in a 375 degree oven for 20 minutes (or until golden brown).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool
- Wash and slice strawberries and keep refrigerated.
- In a small sauce pan, prepare glaze by combining 1/4 c water and 1/4 c sugar and heat over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Ina small cup combine corn starch with 1 tbsp water and add to sugar and water.allow mixture to cool.
- To assemble tart:
- Drizzle melted chocolate on the plate and place she'll in middle of plate and fill with berries.
- Take cooled sugar mixture and brush on top of berries until mixture is gone.
- Refrigerate plate for 10 minutes or longer until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, drizzle melted chocolate over tart..